Tono is a digital dermatology clinic dedicated to empowering people to better manage skin conditions. We provide convenient access to leading specialists for best-in-class care.
If you are experiencing any symptoms, unhappy with your skin, or living with a chronic skin condition or any other skin condition, you may benefit from easy access to a specialized dermatology care team. From navigating daily challenges such as clothing and exercise, to eliminating outbreaks and flares, Tono's doctors can support you. Having your own dedicated care team will help provide you with the assurance that your questions will be answered. Your symptoms will be diagnosed and treated by a team of US-based dermatology specialists.
- Dark spots
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)
- And more
Our virtual-first platform provides convenient access to great care, effective treatments, and tools to deliver personalized care. We partner with your local doctors to deliver a hybrid care model. You get quick access to expert dermatology and can partner with local doctors as needed.
What are the steps involved?
- Create a Tono account and complete your medical intake.
- Attend your first telehealth visit with your dermatologist.
- Complete any lab orders or other diagnostic tests, if necessary.
- Your doctor will create and review your personalized treatment plan with you.
- You will receive your medication, either from your pharmacy or delivered to your home.
- Stay connected with your care team through the Tono patient dashboard.
- Complete any follow-up appointments with your doctor, if necessary.
You may be referred to additional care, if necessary.
If you have any questions, need support, or are having issues, Tono is here for you.
- Access to highly qualified care team members, including Dermatologists, HS Specialists, and Nurse Practitioners, all working together to deliver integrated care with the sole purpose of delivering the best outcomes.
- The ease and convenience of using telehealth. Conduct video visits from the comfort of your home or office, after-hours, and on weekends. Enjoy convenient in-app messaging with your care team.
- Convenient access to prescription medications and diagnostic tests (including labs, imaging, and procedures) if deemed necessary by your care team.
- Personalized care plans and educational content that is tailored to your health goals and lifestyle preferences.
- Access to a care coordinator to help you navigate the Tono platform, including getting reimbursement through your insurance coverage, help signing up for insurance coverage, external referral and procedural needs.
That will depend upon your personalized care plan and the treatment plan that you and your provider create together. Your first appointment will be virtual.
You and your doctor will then decide if in-home care is needed. We also, have patients that coordinate in-person care at a local doctor and virtual care with a Tono doctor. Our doctors can help expedite appoints for in-person care and procedures.
Tono is the same great care, with personalized convenience:
- Convenient video visits from home
- 24/7 access to care team
- Medication delivered to doorstep
- Symptom tracker built with leading experts
- Personalized digital content
We coordinate in-person care and virtual care. For many patients, telehealth will be sufficient to handle their needs. Through telehealth, your providers can order medications, labs, imaging, or other diagnostic tests. There are some cases for which in-person care may still be needed for optimal outcomes. In these cases, our team will coordinate to help get you in-person care.
Tono's platform, which includes patient support tools like personalized trackers and curated content is available in all 50 states and you can sign up here.
This map outlines the states where medical visits are available.
If you are not in a state where we are able to provide medical care, you can still sign up to enjoy the overall platform. You will then receive an email when medical care is available in your location.
Tono's mission: Expand access to best-in-class, specialty care
Tono's vision: A world where all patients — regardless of wealth or location — can achieve more with expert care.
Cost, Insurance and Services
Tono is available to patients without insurance who are willing to pay out of pocket. If you do not have insurance, we can also help you find an insurance plan.
Yes, we will work with you to use your insurance. We will submit claims for out-of-network care to maximize your savings. We are actively enrolling to be in-network with as many insurance plans as possible.
Prescription medications and labs prescribed by your Tono provider are often covered by our patients' insurance plans. If not, we will help you find a cost effective alternative. We have negotiated special prices for patients who do not have insurance but are prescribed medications and labs as part of their care plan.
We accept insurance, so your cost will depend on your coverage, copays, etc.
If you are paying the cash rate, new patient appointments are $250 and follow up appointments are $150.
Tono will send you a unique link to a HIPAA-secure video visit. Simply click on the link, and you will begin your visit with your provider.
In an emergency, please call 911 immediately and visit the local ER if deemed necessary.
Working With Our Doctors
The physicians on the Tono platform are all U.S. licensed physicians. Many completed fellowships or clinical research for specialized expertise in a specific condition.
Tono works independently of your in-person doctor. We are happy to work with your existing doctor to coordinate care. We are also happy to help you find local in-person care to integrate with your Tono care.
Within your patient dashboard you will be able to message your care team. When you have a video appointment scheduled, your provider will send you a link.
Yes. Tono's system is built up to telemedicine standards which include HIPAA compliance and data encryption to protect your personal information.
No, patients can come directly to Tono.